Cardiology, Angiology & Sleep Medicine Department
We treat approximately 3,500 patients annually in the Cardiology, Angiology and Sleep Medicine Department.
Our department is characterized by expertise and modern technical equipment used in diagnostics and therapy. Our spectrum of cervices covers all the diseases of heart, from coronary heart disease to cardiac valve diseases, heart muscle disorders, and cardiac arrhythmia.
We focus on
- Treatment of patients with acute heart disease, especially acute coronary syndrome. A certified Chest Pain Unit combined with catheter equipment operating around-the-clock and a modern intensive care unit guarantee the optimized treatment of acute hereditary diseases.
- Invasive diagnostics and therapy, especially of coronary heart disease with stent implantation, invasive rhythmology including ablation therapy and the therapy of structural heart disease.
- The diagnosis and treatment of patients with heart failure. These patients have special pacemakers implanted as a part of cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT-D).
- The differentiated pacemaker and defibrillator implantation including MRI-compatible devices including appropriate indication as well as aftercare.
- The diagnosis and therapy of sleep-wakefulness disturbances.
- All non-invasive imaging diagnostics of heart. In addition to transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography, this includes stress echocardiography, 3D echocardiography and, done together with the Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, cardiac computed tomography, magnetic resonance tomography and perfusion scintigraphy.
- In cooperation with the specialist departments for Vascular Surgery and Radiology, a we offer high competence in the treatment of vascular diseases, which are frequently associated with heart diseases.